What are covered under this Policy?
This Policy covers cash, bank & currency note, coins, certified cheques, money orders, postage cheques, postal cheques, securities and postage stamps secured in locked safe or vault/strong room at the premises of the insured.
Exclusion: manuscripts, accounts or records
The following types of losses covered by this policy are:-
- Burglary, Robbery
- Any violent and Forcible Means
Major Exclusion under this Policy
- To any loss due to any fraudulent act by the insured or a partner or an employee (except such acts by a messenger or custodian) discovered within three working days after the occurrence and in case of dishonest act committed several times before discovery, the date of discovery is assumed to be the first day of occurrence.
- To any loss due to forgery, payment of money in any exchange or purchase or accounting or arithmetical errors or omissions.
- To any loss due to any loss insured by fidelity guarantee.
- To any loss due to war ( whether war be declared or not ), civil war , terrorism, strike , riots , civil commotion to a popular rising, rebellion, revolution, acquisition of property by order of public authority.
- To any loss due to nuclear weapons, radiation or contamination by radio activity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustions of nuclear fuel.
- Any loss or damage by fire however caused
- Other exclusion as defined in the policy